In an effort to eat better, I’ve been making this dish lately, with some variations. It is very simple & tasty.
Simple Recipe: Skinny Southwestern Crustless Quiche w/ Black Beans - Vegetarian
Recipe Type: Entree
Original recipe by Cookin Canuck at http://www.cookincanuck.com/2014/03/skinny-southwestern-crustless-quiche-recipe-vegetarian/
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2/3 cup black beans, preferably low-sodium
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 oz. pepper Jack cheese, grated
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, water, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Sprinkle the black beans, tomatoes and pepper Jack cheese evenly over the eggs.
- Bake until the egg is set in the center and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the quiche cool for about 10 minutes, garnish with cilantro and cut into 6 wedges. Serve with salsa.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 142 Fat: 8.7g Saturated fat: 1.4g Carbohydrates: 6.7g Sugar: .9 g Sodium: 402.8mg Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 172.5mg
I use 8 whole eggs and skip the salt. I enjoy it with fresh salsa from the grocery store. The black beans drop to the bottom of the dish when cooked, forming sort of a crust.
I am linking this post with Beth Fish Reads, WEEKEND COOKING.
Thanks for stopping by!