Simple Recipe: Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage (~ 5 sausages)
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 long hard rolls
- Place sausage in hot cast iron skillet and brown on all sides.
- Add water, cover and let steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until sausages are no longer pink in middle.
- Remove to plate.
- Drain off any remaining water from skillet.
- Add olive oil to same skillet along with peppers and onions.
- Cook on medium heat until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Place sausage in a roll with peppers and onions.
At our local home improvement store, there is always a vendor who serves sausage, peppers and onion hoagie sandwiches. We’ve been to the store twice last week and that gave me the idea to cook this simple recipe.
This recipe is courtesy of Food Network Kitchen: Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions.
I am linking this post with Beth Fish Reads, WEEKEND COOKING.
Thanks for stopping by!